Saturday, October 20, 2007

Those tricky student loan companies

Is it just me, or does everyone get letters from their student loan lenders, saying that the payment amount on their loans has changed? So strange. And it makes it tough to keep the amount we're paying toward principal consistent. They keep lowering it, so we have to adjust the "extra payments" we send regularly. So I started a spreadsheet to track it all, so that we can keep on our tracked plan of having everything gone in about 6 years.

Also, I got a letter from sallie mae saying that they received a payment coupon from me, but no payment. Well, I make all of my payments on-line through my bank, so I checked the payment was made, and called them. No big deal - they made a mistake. Convienent that they'd lose a payment, a'int it? The lady helping me was great, and amazed at the number of payments we've been making on our 9.5% loan.

Eat it S-M!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home